Friday, October 22, 2010

My books and me..

Here’s a tag for all book lovers! Slightly too long, but it is about BOOKS!!
1. Favorite childhood book? I guess it’l have to be Enid Blyton
2. What are you reading right now? Eat, Love Pray
3. Bad book habit? Falling asleep while reading a book. :) But I love when that happens
4. Do you have an e-reader? No. As if I already don’t spen enough time on computers.
5. Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once? One book at a time.
6. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? Not really, infact I have started appreciating good novels
7. Least favorite book you read this year (so far)? It was so boring, I’ve even forgotten the name.
8. Favorite book you’ve read this year? Jeffery Archer- The Winner Stands Alone
9. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? Rarely
10. What is your reading comfort zone? Depends on my mood really, from mushy romantic novels to high packed drama to dramatic novels
11. Can you read on the bus? Nope, I feel dizzy
12. Favorite place to read? On a train journey, if I am alone
13. What is your policy on book lending? Should be returned the way it was lent
14. Do you ever dog-ear books? Only during emergencies, but I hate doing it.
15. Do you ever write in the margins of your books. Nope.. no way
16. Not even with text books?Not at all. I like my books clean ( underlines maybe)
17. What is your favorite language to read in?
18. What makes you love a book? If I get so engrossed in it that I loose track of time
19. What will inspire you to recommend a book- If it helps me change something in myself
20. Favorite genre? Nothing specific as such
21. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?) – If I wish I did.. I would
22. Favorite biography- I don’t enjoy biographies, wouldn’t want to influence my life with what others did with theirs.
23. Have you ever read a self-help book? Not really
24. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)-This year I have not been able to spend much time with the books
25. Favorite reading snack? Something where I don’t have to concentrate much on the eating part (popcorns maybe)
26. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience- Namesake27. How often do you agree with critics about a book? No, I like to make my opinions
28. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? Not bad, its my opinion and I stick to it.
29. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose? Punjabi ( I want to learn it so that I can teach it to m y kids :P)
30. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read? Dr Brian Weiss- Many masters many lives and Sermons from the masters
31. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin? None
32. Favorite Poet? Favorite fictional character? I don’t like poetry, too high fi for me
33. Favorite fictional villain? It would be from one of the Sidney Sheldon novels, they were all too good.
34. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation? Something light and funny
35. The longest I’ve gone without reading I guess the first 4 months of my first job.
36. Name a book that you could/would not finish- The Alchemist by Paulo Cohelo
37. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? Phone calls38. Favorite film adaptation of a novel? Harry Potters, all of them (cant wait for the last two )
39. Most disappointing film adaptation? Shakti, it is an adaptation of ‘Not without my daughter’, couldn’t do justice to the book
40. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time? 500 bucks I guess
41. How often do you skim a book before reading it? I just read its back cover.. always
42. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through? It does not appeal to me, or if I think ‘what crap is this’
43. Do you like to keep your books organized? I would like to, Yes
44. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them? No such hangups
45. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding? Not really
46. Name a book that made you angry. Angry?? Why would a book make me angry (unless it is one of those horoscope books which say I wouldn’t have a good year ahead, Screw them!!)
47. A book you didn’t expect to like but did? Harry Potter, that was a big surprise
48. A book that you expected to like but didn’t? Paulo Cohelo, I really thought I’d like it.
49. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading? Readers Digest, still love it!!

No comments: